How well do you know your body? Eating healthy doesn't mean you are eating the right food for your body type, in fact there are healthy foods that will irritate your stomach. It is important that you pay attention to what you eat and how it makes you feel. If you experience stomach pain, acid reflux, or digestive problems then avoid this type of food, at least until you heal your gut wall. Here are five signs of stomach inflammation:
- You feel bloated after you eat a meal (even if its small portions)
- You have stomach pain/feel bloated when you skip a meal
- Mood swings and Anxiety
- Lack of energy
This might sound crazy but all of the above are related to stomach inflammation. Your digestive health controls the way you look, feel and think. Why? because if you have gastrointestinal problems (inflammation) your gut will NOT absorb the nutrients, vitamins and minerals you are feeding your body. As a result you will start seeing other health problems. The absorption of nutrients is extremely important to keep your body healthy.
The great news is that you can restore the gut wall through probiotics, clean eating, gut healing foods and supplements. Remember that all disease begins in the gut so we much heal ourselves from the inside out!
Tips to Heal Your Gut:
- Start by balancing your diet, eat the right amount of protein, fruits, and vegetables.
- AVOID fast food, sodas, junk food and SUGAR
- Keep a food diary for one month. Write down everything you eat, the time and how it makes you feel
- Eat every 3 hours, (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and snack)
- Eat breakfast within one hour of waking.
- Drink a cup of lemon tea or ginger tea before breakfast and before bed
- Eat your last meal 3 hours before bed time
- Take daily supplements such as probiotics
I have done all of the above and I feel healthier than in my 20s. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. It can take up to 3 months to heal your stomach. Please feel free to leave comments or email me if you have any questions!